Is it me, or did 2014 fly by? It seems like only yesterday that we were setting goals for 2013, and yet here we stand, nearly one year later, coming off one of the most successful and exciting periods of growth in our company’s history.
Today, in the pre-dawn hours of 2015, the U.S. economy is growing stronger, the aviation industry continues to solidify its economic viability and STS Aviation Group’s potential for another record-setting year is abundant. But before I get too far ahead of myself, let me take a few moments to circle back and highlight some of the major successes our company experienced in 2014. After all, in order to understand where you’re going, you must first recognize and acknowledge where you’ve been.
While 2014 wasn’t without its challenges, STS had far more successes to celebrate, and some of the major milestones we achieved this past year are listed below.
- Our company started its Ground Power Turbine Component business and established a new office in Sunrise, Florida. (Official PR)
- Several, very large RFP opportunities were awarded to STS AeroStaff Services, STS Engineering Solutions and STS Technical Services.
- STS Engineering Solutions increased it’s headcount of active field engineers by 63 percent and nearly doubled the size of its corporate recruiting department.
- STS Aviation Group acquired Air-Pro Hose, a subsidiary of AMG, which is an Air France / KLM company located in Medley, Florida. (Official PR)
- STS Line Maintenance was awarded a multi-year, WiFi installation project.
- STS Component Solutions made a major entry into the B787 marketplace after forming a strategic partnership with Korry Electronics, a division of Esterline Technologies. (Official PR)
- We opened a new Line Maintenance Station in Trenton, New Jersey.
- STS Engineering Solutions successfully began servicing multiple Latin American airlines and MROs.
- STS Component Solutions purchased three PW 4000 engines for tear down and / or resale. (Official PR)
- STS Aviation Group was recognized, for the fourth year in a row, as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the United States. (Official PR)
It would take at least few hundred words to highlight every milestone STS reached in 2014, but nevertheless, we had an awesome year and remain both excited and confident about what lies ahead.
With a strong economy and increased opportunities for continued growth on the horizon, I have no doubt that STS is poised for another record-setting year. I would even venture to say that the aviation industry, as a whole, is thriving more now than I have seen in my 20-year career, and that’s spells big things for us all. I hope you agree!